Now that it is officially spring, we can begin dusting off the bicycles, rollerblades, hiking boots and camping equipment
and head out to our national parks.
Oxygen magazine just wrote an article on the subject, titled Park It! Our National Parks Services turns 100 years old this year. There are over 400 parks available to everyone. The magazine’s top choices are:
- ZION in Sprindale, Utah - 147,000 acres-Must do Canyoneering
- GRAND CANYON in Arizona - 1,200,000 acres-Must do, Rafting
- SHENANDOAH in Shanandoah Valley VA - 200,000 acres-Must do-Twilight hike
- THE PRESIDIO in San Francisco CA - Must do-after hiking or rock climbing,
- CHICKASAW in Sulphur OK - 20 miles of trails-Must do-Kayaking along Veterans Lake
- BISCAYNE in Southern FL - Must do-Scuba dive the 6 ship wrecks
It is a fun article explaining the advantages and activities available to us. It is a natural gym. You can walk, hike, kayak, cycle and just enjoy the great outdoors. The parks have wonderful facilities and more importantly, adventures. Never are they the same, as the scenery changes with the weather and time of year. The water is high then low, trees are bare now or possibly flowering like they are in DC now, then green all summer.
In this article they have chosen the bübi bottle as one of their tools to take along to start your new season. Thissilicone water bottle can be frozen before leaving on your excursion and will still be cold before you finish your four mile hike and still have ice in the bottle. Then, this refillablesports bottle can be rolled up when heading home.
The bübi bottle has been tested by so many outdoor enthusiasts. Some are extreme and others are casual. The extreme users place it over a fire to boil (purify) water or cook soup, oatmeal or eggs. It is also a great first aid tool in the event of a sprain or sore muscle as the bottle can be left half full and wrapped around a wrist or ankle.
We are so happy to be in this article and the response has been great.